At this time, we are being asked to reach out to amateurs and capture the following information. There may be MARS operators gathering this sort of information using their amateur callsigns on amateur frequencies, or on 60 meters using their MARS callsigns looking for Amateurs station reports.
- Status of 50KW AM broadcast stations: This is for all of the stations in this category in New England. Are they on the air? Need county and city of reporting station.
- Ping Time to 220.127.116.11. Bring up a command prompt and ping that IP address. The result is an average ping time. Report that, ISP name, town.
- Grid Status: Report power voltage, frequency, power company name, city and county
- Dialtone: Provider name, Local, Long Distance, type (landline, VOIP) city and county
- NOAA Weather broadcasts on about 162 MHz: Report which frequencies that you can hear reports on, City and county you are located in.
- Infrastructure reports: Any known failures of infrastructure: Water, power communications, broadcast, hospital, sewage etc, City and County.
The exercise culminates next Saturday night with a 60 meter broadcast.
The exercise takes a hiatus on Monday November 11, in honor of Veterans Day, and resumes on Tuesday.